[Harp-L] RE: Modes, keys and positions - A FREE Circle of Fifths Tool

For those who would like a FREE tool for helping figure out the Circle of Fifths and the interrelationship between keys, modes, positions, chords and scale degrees (and other musical theory), please send me an email and I'll send you the PDF file containing the tool. You simply print it out on card stock (65# paper), cut out the two wheels and then join them with an eyelet. You can use (and abuse) it as you like in your quest for more knowledge of music theory applied to harmonica. It fits very easily into just about any gig case, and is about 4 inches in diameter. You simply set a pointer to the key of harmonica and then read the relevant information directly from it. I found it to be a great help when first learning about modes and positions, and found that I quickly assimilated the information just by using it, without memorization. I still keep one handy at gigs, and only have to glance at it to figure out which key harp to grab for a particular song (to be played in a particular mode or position - which are NOT the same things! A given mode can be played in any position (if you have the required skills; I certainly do NOT!)

All I ask in return is credit for designing this specific Circle of Fifths tool (there are many similar types of tool in existence) and that you don't claim to have created it or try to make money from it (unless you're willing to share ;-) ).

Contact me at: robertpcoble AT hotmail DOT com

HTH,
Crazy Bob
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/