Re: [Harp-L] Modes, keys and positions (breath patterns correlated)

In a message dated 14/01/2010 15:44:06 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
hvyj@xxxxxxx writes:
<<<
Personally, I would use Fifth  Position to play "Summertime"   but a
lot of players use  Third.  it can be played in either of  these
positions.

Answer from John Walden:

"Summertime" works just great for me in "2nd" position. Just a few  easy
bends.
Using a Bb short harp to play in the key of F, or an A  diatonic to play in

E.
(For example...)

But I rarely play  anything on a diatonic in any other than 1st 2nd or 3rd
position, and  my harps are optimised tuning wise for chords in 2nd
position...

Different strokes for different folks.

John  "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu  City