Re: [Harp-L] Modes, keys and positions (breath patterns correlated)

In a message dated 14/01/2010 15:44:06 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
hvyj@xxxxxxx writes:

Personally, I would use Fifth Position to play "Summertime"   but a
lot of players use Third.  it can be played in either of  these
positions.

"Summertime" works just great for me in "2nd" position. Just a few easy
bends.
Using a Bb short harp to play in the key of F, or an A diatonic to play in
E.
 (For example...)

But I rarely play anything on a diatonic in any other than 1st 2nd or 3rd
position, and my harps are optimised tuning wise for chords in 2nd
position...

Different strokes for different folks.

John "Whiteboy" Walden
Cebu City