[Harp-L] Re: Modes, keys and positions (John F. Potts) (John Kerkhoven)

John gave me a really comprehensible and relevant answer,
especially compared to advice like (on how to find the key)
"use a pitch pipe".

OK , really dumb question, please excuse my ignorance, but
is a "position" not a physical location, as in:
"position your lips to blow on hole 4"
but rather the sequence of blowing and drawing as one moves across the harp?

Let's take at random say Gershwin's "Summer time".
In what position is it best played, on which harp?

I'm not having trouble playing the harp, but getting into the theory,
-understanding what I do naturally- is complex.

Geoff Atkins