Re: [Harp-L] adding a position

I just recorded a 4th position solo over a minor blues last night for an
album cut.  We should get the rough mix yet this week.  The 8 blow bend/4ob
is your blue note.  4th is just really 3rd with a minor 6...meaning you are
one note away from the Dorian scale.  Personally, I treat the one like a
first position Major tune and go with a less traditional, more modal feel.
Works great for minor groovy stuff.

On the one, I phrase from third position and feel a bit more at home.
Easier to play blues as well.

Mike
Mike Fugazzi
harmonica/vocals