[Harp-L] Learning to Sing - Band won't play key

Jonathan wrote:  A guitar player may not be able to play his favorite solo
licks in F#, but he can at least play the rhythm ...

F# just happens to be my vocal "home" key.  I capo up a couple of frets and
my simple E licks seem to work just fine up there.  I don't know any music
theory and don't claim to be much on either harp or guitar but perhaps some
of you folks with formal musical education can explain why a guitarist, if
he's not too vain to use a capo, can't work out some simple arrangements in
just about any key the vocalist wants.

Bill Kumpe
Tulsa, OK