[Harp-L] Live performance: Jazz

Bill,

You say:
Sorry about posting again but i should have said as well, that the guys i'm talking about are very busy full-time working musicians. They've all studied formally, do sessions and teach etc. I think they were also letting rip on the last tune of the night. I really like strong black coffee, dark chocolate with 85% cocoa solids and gin - I didn't like any of those things the first time I tried them though, i had to work at acquiring the taste

The guys in the jazz bands I was talking about are full time working pros as well, with extensive formal training. Some have advanced degrees in music, some are college level instructors, one has written film scores, etc. Why they are interested in having me sit in on harmonica is a mystery to me, but I sure learn a lot. They insist I use my pedalboard electronics when i do play and they seem to like that. It's certainly fun and gives me quite a bit of artistic freedom. But jazz is something of an acquired taste anyway. Maybe not so much the stuff I play on, but the real jazz sure seems to be. And it seems to me that most audiences don't necessarily have that sort of sophistication. The audiences in a jazz club are different. I'm talking about the audiences in a venue that just happens to have a jazz band that particular night.

Best regards,

JP