[Harp-L] RE: Live Performance Winslow Yerxa and Robert Bonfiglio

Robert Bonfiglio replied to Winslow about Expectations at concerts.
Robert asked:
>Anybody else getting odd vibes at concerts?
>The old "I didn't know musicians were still doing this" kind of feel?

The detachment isn't just at large concerts, it happens even in smaller
restaurants and bars.
I have a friend who is a gifted pro musician, who plays half a dozen
instruments nearly perfectly, and sings extremely well.
He tolerates my presence as harp player. (I probably make him appear even
better :)
We were playing at a restaurant in downtown Durban, and I happened to hear a
client say to his wife " They're not playing this, it's all prerecorded
stuff" So I tipped off my friend, who took his saxophone to their table, for
a small serenade. They were at first mystified, but then delight shone when
they realized that the music was "real".
 A distinctly odd vibe.

Geoff Atkins