  From: Beth Kohnen
  To: Bill
  Cc: michael rubin ; harp-l
  Sent: Saturday, January 09, 2010 3:59 PM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Music is amazing

  Sibelius...Spotify --  Thank you Bill - you've made my world bigger.
  I've just downloaded Sibelius.
  Unfortunately Spotify isn't available yet in the US but I'm on the notify list.
  Very cool stuff!!

  Beth
  www.myspace.com/bethkohnen

  On Sat, Jan 9, 2010 at 1:27 AM, Bill <bill.eborn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

    Michael
    This thread is really useful for me - thanks for starting it and thanks to everyone especially Winslow for the responses.

    The Levine book's great isn't, it's a slightly intimidating beast but that's because it's so authoritative.  I like the way he gives examples of what he's discussing from actual jazz recordings, I sometimes write the examples out in Sibelius, so I can hear them as if they're played on a Stylophone at slower tempos.  The other thing I like to do is to find the recordings he's talking about on Spotify, it's a great way of expanding your knowledge of jazz recordings and repertoire too.

    Thanks again

    Bill

    ----- Original Message ----- From: "michael rubin" <michaelrubinharmonica@xxxxxxxxx>