Re: [Harp-L] II V I

On Jan 9, 2010, at 12:47 PM, John Kerkhoven wrote:

To add another question to the mix, for diatonic players who wish to dip
their toes into jazz waters, what is the best way to go?

Smo-Joe tuning. Raise the 5 and 9 draw a semi-tone (sometimes called 'double country') and place a windsaver on the 5 draw. Play it crossed position.

-- for the major patterns, it sounds like a country-tuned harp would be the
way to go
-- it also sounds like straight harp is good too

It may be better to ask the question two ways -- whether or not you can
overblow with some ease. I can, but would like to hear opinions on this
either way.

Here's another spin on the jazz question:

Dave Therault's The Deb. Cminor on an Ab harp. (Someone correct me if I am
wrong.) No overblows or overdraws. What are the chord changes on this tune?
Is this a II V I?

John