[Harp-L] Wine, Women and Song

It's estimated that approximately 10 percent of the alcohol consuming
population will experience some degree of alcohol-related problems. Ninety
percent will not (have problems)! Diagnostically, there are two
classifications of substance use disorders (problems): Dependence and Abuse.
Dependence is usually considered to be more serious than abuse. In simple
terms, if the imbiber's alcohol-related problems (poor performance, acting
stupid on stage, tripping over the snare drum) outweigh the benefits of a
drink or two to "loosen up," then his/her drinking might be problematic. In
other words, if there are regrets, remorse or guilt after doing a set
because of alcohol use, then a third party opinion might be a good idea for
the drinker. The simple answer is "drink responsibly," but, for the
alcohol-dependent person, that will be a challenge. If there is no problem,
then there is no problem! Personally, I think drinking on the bandstand
between solos no longer looks cool (as in Sammy Davis Jr., Dean Martin, et
al. Having a drink between sets is your choice. As for the "Women" part of
this kite, for lack of experience, I offer no good advice. Manhattan Wally