[Harp-L] Nady Bushman mic

Hello everyone. I have been working a lot with some strange effects and loop
stuff, into which I sometimes want to send harp and sometimes want to send
vocals. Sometimes the distortion of the harp mic is great for that and
sometimes it isn't, so I've been working a bit with the Nady Bushman
microphone, which does seem, as advertised, to give dirtyish harp sounds
when cupped (I send it through a Fulltone OCD pedal) and to do vocals pretty
well when held normally.

But I have two problems with it. One, no volume control. I just can't work
without one, especially with what I'm doing. Will a standard in-line XLR
volume control work with it and will it affect the sound? Should I give in
and get a volume pedal?

Two, sometimes I really want the heavy midrange compression you get from a
standard harp mic. (Not with the distortion of the OCD pedal, which makes
vocals hard to understand.) Is there a good way to simulate that? Maybe an
EQ pedal? What frequency ranges should I focus on?

Thanks all, and soon I hope to have some videos up of this new stuff I'm
working on, which I'll share.

Ken