Re: [Harp-L] G Marine Band

On Jan 7, 2010, at 2:05 PM, eben ross wrote:

? Key of " G " Marine Bands (MB) and Blues harps....the low/one hole, draw is 'rattelin the cage' or what you might call buzzing....some times alot....I sometimes use a vest pocket or an oversizer MB to get around this jamb up. i have seen a crazy dimple beat'n into the cover plate...for me NO...Playing with many string players makes playing in "D" important to me.....what to do?
On a slightly different related question... I'm considering organizing a workshop in New Haven to get players, techs and player/ techs together...i got a box full of harps in need of repair and stuff to build a couple of good mic....any thoughts.....still in the incubatory stages
........it seems like a good idea before cabin fever sets in.
rattelin in new Haven Ben Ross aka WBjr

Make a set of wedges (0 to 1/16th inch) to fit under the ends of the covers. This will raise the covers in a graduated angle AWAY from the plates. In other words..stock at the mouthpiece but raised at the backs. This should give you the clearance and may produce more volume.