Re: [Harp-L] band drinking, minimal harp content

I have about the exact same philsophy as Steve, and I do think it helps me to loosen up as someone who doesn't have a lifetime of playing music or playing in front of others.

However, my son just left for Marine Corps basic training and I had my last beer with him and vowed that I would have my next one with him when I see him at graduation at Parris Island in April, so I'm going to get a first hand view on the difference (starting tonight at our jam) playing on only water.

News at 11.

Bill

steve@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I don't play better drunk, but I do play better after drinking. I have almost always had something to drink when I play, but not to excess. I usually have one before starting, then sip one each set. I don't think 3-4 drinks in a span of 3-4 hours is too much. I feel I am less inhibited on solos if I have a couple of drinks. I struggle with "performance anxiety" even after all these times in front of people. Alcohol tones that down. If I do drink too much, and I have at parties,etc. my playing is really ragged. Any band I have ever played in has had members who drank at least a small amount, but I can't imagine anyone keeping a band member who was regularly wasted.