Re: [Harp-L] Jason Ricci's Mongoose Free Harp Cleaning Method

Smo-joe,

I have never heard of sealing combs that way. How well did it work?

Paul

I don't get the: 'without the varmit (varmint) mongoose' part?? I soak mine in Efferdent denture cleansing tablets and water followed with a soak in vodka then a water rinse. Vodka won't harm the finish on most sealed wood combs. I used to seal my combs with 50/50 baby oil and Vick's Vapo rub brought to a mild sizzle. Now that I use spl-20s exclusively, I don't. The covers can be Simonized (inside & out) and don't need soaked..just wiped down. I have harps over 16 years old that still look new, and I play weekly.

smo-joe (Jason IZ da man)