[Harp-L] drinking,womanising and playin' the blues

Irish (trad) band "Sets? Sets! we're heah ta drink.............

English (blues) band . " you go in and line up the pints an' we'll bring the gear in........"
3 pints each and then the band starts.1st break squeeze in two pints and a game of darts.3rd break its a pint,a game of darrrts and for some ,a quick inhale of a herbal weed outside........
After the fourth set its 3 pints just to get a glow on........"'cos we might get lucky later on and get an invite to a party.."

Newzealand (blues) band.
Well we basically played as an excuse to drink...a night out with the boys away from the mortgage an' all......The only saving grace as far as anyone offering a 'critique' of our performance was that they were all often more pissed than we were..

But ,isn't that what the original Juke Joints were like.........?

After all R L Burnside didn't call his album an 'Ass Pocket of Soda Pop' did he......
Rick
in NZ

All the above is based on personal experience and no one with a sense of humour was harmed in the writing of this mail.(burp)