Re: [Harp-L] upper register tone

mdaurizio@xxxxxxxx wrote:
<but the  draw bends elude me.I use both tongue block, and pucker embochures
<in my  playing. Can anybody give me some advice on bettering my skills in
<the upper  register?

As others have pointed out, you can't do draw note bends on holes 7-10.  You always bend the higher note in any given channel, and the higher notes in that range are all blow notes.  So maybe switching your attention to the blow notes will solve the problem.

Beyond that, the usual principles of good tone apply, in particular breathing from the gut to ensure that you have good pressure throughout the column of air, all the way to the harp. High register reeds need less air pressure that lower register reeds to make a sound, so you might want to back off on the volume if you're currently blasting away up top.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter