Re: [Harp-L] Tighten that slide!!

The method looks sound to me and uses simpler tools.  Thanks to Joe for describing it online.  I recommend it heartily.  The tool I made does not handle 16-hole harps.

More explanatory text might help those not already familiar with the principles involved.

Joe's statement about a dramatic improvement is correct. You will notice improvements in response and "bendability".

To check your chromatic for slide leakage, blow and draw one hole in front of a mirror with the covers off.  Leakage will cause the adjacent valves to move. The blown breath leaks through the slide into the adjacent chambers and lifts the valves on the blow reeds as it escapes.  The same leakage will cause the valves on the draw reeds to move but they are inside and out of sight.

Vern