From: harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:harp-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of SawDoc58
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2010 8:56 AM
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Kids' amp

Take that rig to your next gig and you will sure to be a hit with all the
single Mom's

Paul Bowering wrote:
> I was recently going through my young son's toybox to see what to keep and
what to purge. I came across a toy cassette recorder with attached mic and
internal speaker. For kicks I cranked it up and played some licks through
it. What do you know - it sounded hot, with some nice distortion. Speaking
in generalities, would I assume the sound is more from the mic or the amp?
I'd like to steal the mic so I can solder on a 1/4" jack to it for use with
my main rig and make use of the power and EQ and occasional effects. If
however the breakup is mainly from the amp/speaker then I'm stuck keeping
the unit as is.