[Harp-L] Shame Shame Shame-remix & Wild Magnolias & The Preacher

Thanx Ken...that was a fun Night and I remember having a ball rehearsin' and doin' the show at the Denver Spah with your band...BTW, you were blowin some terrific harp that night....a gig to remember!

a couple of people asked me to put the tune up again so when I was goin' thru my mp3 folders I found two interesting mixes.

I posted them both on my MySpace Page (1st two tunes):
http://www.myspace.com/hudsonriverrats

On 'Shame 3x'...you find a never before heard Mix off the the original CD, this one is think is MUCH better with less Reverb and other tweaks that unfortunately never made the CD. If anyone wants an MP3 let me know and I'll shoot you it offlist...it's a LARGE file tho about 8 MB!

The other tune I posted was a session I did for Blue Note. It's a compilation CD of cool songs that were REMIXED for dance clubs etc. This is a remix of The Wild Magnolias doing their classic song 'Battlefield' Organ & Harmonica and some drum loops were added to extend the song etc....I got to play alot, made up my parts as I went along, I was using Third and Cross Harp switched back and forth thruout.....it's a Jam track alright!,-) The Organ is my friend from NYC Brian Mitchell. I must say this, living in the NY area some pretty different and interesting projects do pop up from time to time and as a harp player there is always a challenge,-)

enjoy....and thanx for listenin' and since I'm sharin with y'all today here is a tune I'm showing a student, BTW an excellent EZ Jazz Head in Cross Harp w/o OB's and also EZ and fun to solos over these changes.

(BTW, I too highly recommend Winslow's "Harmonica for Dummies" it IMO, is THE definitive instructional hands down !)

The Preacher
by Horace Silver arr: Cross Harp by Rob Paparozzi

*=bend or 1st bend
**=2nd bend
- are held as half notes

Notes:you can use 2D or 3B whichever you like for breathing smoothness
We've been using a Bb Diatonic and playing it in the standard key of F

1D 2B 2D / 3D 3D- 3D*/ 3D- 3B/ 4B- 3B 3D** 3D/

1D 2B 2D/ 3D 3D- 3D*/ 3D- 3B/ 3D 3D** 3D** 3D 3D**/ 1D 2B 2D

3D 3D- 3D*/ 3D- 3B/ 4B- 4D 4B 3D-/ 3B 4B- 4D*-/

4D 3D* 3D 2D 2B/ 4B 3D 2D 1D 2D* 2D/

best,
Rob Paparozzi
www.robpaparozzi.com