Re: [Harp-L] Re: Overblows in the blues (and anywhere else for that matter)

Richard Hammersley wrote:
<snip> Please do not reply telling me how expensive they are, because they are buttons compared to, say, a custom tube amp.
OK, I won't. Replacement reed plate set for a MR350V is only about $25, and you can't buy a good new harp for that price. With a solid aluminum comb and a ton of screws, you are guaranteed an easy, tight fit when you replace a plate. The harp itself is damn near indestructable.

However, I haven't found it necessary to buy a custom harp in order to overbend. I just find it easier to play a valved harp...

-LM