[Harp-L] RE: Damien Masterson at the 2009 West Coast Jazz

I have been told a lot of very things about Damien by Jean Dagba...
Damien already went twice to visit Jean and his harmonical school in Africa.

Jean Dagba his the teacher of the first harmonica school, in Senegal in Dakar...
Jean would like to be able to play the blues.
He is also a teacher for young people at school (normal one to learn writting, counting, geography etc).

More information about Jean Dagba in an article I wrote with him last year :
(Sorry if my english is not very good...my mother language being french)

http://0z.fr/hsNW1

:)
Patrice Rayon
PS: The price of an harmonica is very expensive for african people...in case you want to help Jean ;)

> Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 19:58:12 -0800
> From: Slim Heilpern <slim@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Harp-L] Damien Masterson at the 2009 West Coast Jazz
> 	Harmonica	Summit
> To: Harp -l <Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Hi Folks -
>
> If you are fan of great chromatic playing, this is really not to be
> missed. My pal Damien Masterson is one of my favorite chrom players
> and I think everyone who was at the West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit
> last August would agree that he played his butt off that night. It was
> an inspiring set.
>
> The tune I just posted on YouTube was the first tune of the set, a
> beautiful original ballad called "Astoria" (It's also on his latest
> album). He followed this with Donald Fagan's "New Frontier" and
> Michael Brecker's "African Skies", but I've only posted "Astoria" for
> now because I'm saving some of the best stuff to debut on the DVD of
> the summit, available this summer. Anyway, in the mean time, please
> enjoy "Astoria":
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4XGBXLjGMA
>
> And for more info about Damien's latest album, please see this blog
> entry from a few months back:
>
> http://smsjazz.blogspot.com/2009/11/damien-masterson-all-over-map.html
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Slim.
>
> www.SlideManSlim.com
> www.JazzHarmonicaSummit.com
> www.SlideManSlim.com/blog

Avec Internet Explorer, surfez en toute discrétion sur internet Cliquez ici !
Discutez en direct avec vos amis sur Messenger !
http://www.windowslive.fr/messenger