Re: [Harp-L] Re: Overblows in the blues - check this out

Your answers are fair, and I appreciate that.

No problem. I think you're writing has been clear and very coherent-- a pleasant conversation need not lead to agreement to be enjoyable:).

You're right, tone changes can be a small or a huge problem depending on the
music you play, and, thinking about it more precisely, I would say it even
depends on the licks you play (for example, if you play a 6ob inside a DMaj
lick, you may want it to be extremely soft).

I assume you're thinking of a C harp? But I'd agree--and the same is true of bends. Sometimes you want them to stick out, sometimes you don't.

Still I can tell you the more I play OBs and ODs the less they differ from
bends in terms of position. And I would highly recommend to work in this
direction, to be more accurate on OBs. I would say the same for the tone,
but maybe it comes from my ears.

Thanks, but overblows don't really answer any of the musical questions I have on the diatonic enough for me to work on them. I'd rather spend my time focusing on other areas. Which is not to say they aren't very useful and a great technique, more that my focus is elsewhere and my time limited.

JR Ross