[Harp-L] Overblows in the Blues - Check This Out

Very nice stuff there from Howard at 3:52 onwards. I'm not a traditionalist, though, so can't answer for those who might be. I certainly think there's plenty of room for overblows (and alternate tunings, valved bends, etc...) in the blues, and this is a good example of how to do it.

Focus on the musicality and feel of what your playing, and go from there in terms of choosing what technique, position, type of harp you use.

That said, if we want to talk about technique and context, I simply don't find the piece from 3:30 to sound at all musical and not like slurring mud till the slow blues at 3:52. No one's perfect.

JR Ross