[Harp-L] Re: Transparency

>Terrific post by JR Ross
>You're likely correct, JR. I probably could rephrase these things better...

As a general observation, I suspect that most posters here tend to be
competitive people with strong wills and opions.

For us, it can be easy to get caught in what De Bono termed the
"Intelligence Trap" where one becomes more focused on defending one's
beliefs / position than on circling around issues and considering them
from various perspectives; switching viewpointts in the process.

" A highly intelligent person usually grows up with a sense of that
intellectual superiority and needs to be seen to be ‘right’ and
‘clever’. Such a person is less willing to risk creative and
constructive ideas, because such ideas may take a time to show their
worth or to get accepted. Highly intelligent people are often
attracted to the quick pay-off of negativity. If you attack someone
else’s ideas or thinking, there can be an immediate achievement
together with a useful sense of superiority. In intellectual terms
attack is also cheap and easy because the attacker can always choose
the frame of reference."