Re: [Harp-L] Re. Overblows etc.

In a message dated 10/02/2010 09:17:12 Malay Peninsula Standard Time,
steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<Personally I would say that
although I worship  Little Walter, who was probablythe greatest single
(harmonica)  influence on my playing, I've never really tried to
emulate him. I  just borrowed his ideas whenever they fitted the music
I was  playing, which is what Walter did with the horn players he was
listening to in the early 1950s,

Steve, YES!!!!

When I was a young teenager, I was played an LP... "The Best of Little
Walter"...
I COULD NOT BELIEVE THAT WAS A HARMONICA!...
Of course, nearly 50 years later... That's old news...ALL music has moved
on.
But Little Walter inspired me, you and many more people, to become  the
blues harmonica players that we are today.

But we didn't "copy" him...

He simply was an inspiration to us!

Sincerely,

John "Whiteboy" Walden