[Harp-L] Re: Tweed amp request

Hi Steve,

If you want a traditional tweed voiced amp with a big bass response then the
Double Trouble is not for you. Cosidering your budget, I would recommedn you
investigate Collins Amplification. He does an 18 watt tweed voiced guitar
amp with a 15" speaker for $1000. That's probably a 5e3 circuit. That's an
amazing price, but I have to say I have not heard or played one of these
amps - so CAVEAT EMPTOR. That 15 and a pine cabinet will get you a good bass
response and should be okay for medium size gigs unmiced with a sympathetic
band. If you can afford it I'd probably go the 3x10 Bandmaster circuit at 34
watts.

http://www.collinsamps.com/ttseries.html

That page has a gajillion options listed, with the prices. If it was me I'd
go for a guitar-voiced amp before a custom harp amp (he sells them too). But
that's only because I haven't played any of his amps and I know that a
guitar voiced 50s tweed circuit amp is fool proof for me.

A Princeton with a 12 is not going to be enough wattage for even a medium
gig. My Princeton with a 10 is only good for small gigs with a sympathetic
band.

If you had a bigger budget I'd go for a Clark, but this is just to meet your
budget parameters.

cheers
Drew

I have looked at several Fender-clone tweed amps, such as the 5F2A