Re: [Harp-L] Overblowing all done?

It's clear to me from listening to a number of recent releases that most pros have incorporated overblowing into their playing.  Not all of them use the technique for the flat-out chromaticism of Howard Levy.  But they all use it on occasion. It's not going away.

Little Walter didn't use alternate tunings, but at SPAH 2009 most of the pros were using alternate diatonic tunings, ranging from simple Richter variations like Natural Minor to fairly extreme layouts. That's not going away either.

I love Little Walter, and I can listen to his stuff all night, but I can say the same of Beethoven, Bartok, and Miles Davis, and the world didn't stop changing when they died.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter