Re: [Harp-L] Buildin' yourself up by tearin' others down

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
"it doesn't really show much class to build yourself up by tearing others
down."

Amen to that!

I discovered overblows by accident in 1975, noodled with them for a couple
of years, and discarded them.  I choose not to include them in my
repertoire.  I think they often sound thin and off-pitch in blues.  I admire
those who play them so well, like Adam Gussow and Jason Ricci, but I think
some players force the the technique into their playing for its own sake.
Their tone suffers.  This is not a criticism of any player, just my opinion
on overblows.

-Rick Davis
The Blues Harp Amps Blog
http://www.bluesharpamps.blogspot.com/