RE: [Harp-L] Steve Malerbi at the West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit

Slim-

 I was, of course, merely being wistful [and wishful] in calling for an East Coast Summit...and as for me organizing one here on this side, when I am half as good as you are I'll think about it :-)

WVa Bob [merely hoping someday to be able to play the B part of "One Note Samba" without having a heart attack.]

From: slim@xxxxxxxxxx
To: harpbob@xxxxxxxxxxx; harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Steve Malerbi at the West Coast Jazz Harmonica Summit
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:40:00 -0800

Hey Bob, great to hear from you!

Of course I'd love to take this concept on the road and get other jazz harmonica players involved, but financing it might be a bit of a problem, not to mention the time investment (I've not retired from my day gig yet, and hope to keep at it for some number of years to come). The whole project has been (and continues to be) a great pleasure as well as a great consumer of my time and energy -- it started in June 2009 and probably won't be finished until June 2010. Anyway, we shall see what the future holds. I can't remember ever having more fun than I did on the evening of August 10, 2009, so I will certainly try to do more of these, after a bit of a break ;-).

But in the meantime, nothing to stop anyone else from hosting a similar kind of thing on the east coast... how 'bout it Bob? ;-)

- Slim.

www.JazzHarmonicaSummit.com