[Harp-L] Best jason Interview ever

A good interview.  I am amazed how much better he plays each time I see him.

One issue he deals head on with in the interview is his sexuality.  It sounds like it is as difficult being a gay
in the blues world.  I remember meeting a drummer who use to play with him a long time ago before he went "flamboyant"
(his words not mine) he didn't know how to react and was taken back from the change.

The first time I saw Jason Ricci was at a blues harp confab.  Sugar Ray Norcia and Ryan Hartt played first, doing their blues thing,
in their own way, very cool, very measured, both dressed like members of the PTA.  Not Jason, oh nooo.
He came out in skinny leather pants, a black fishnet tee shirt, a pink shock of hair and tats winking at you.  He was wielding a
extra long  custom made dildo (or was that a Blowsmeaway mic with a VC?!.)

Well the bikers I was standing with dropped their jaws at this sight and started mumbling "what the f*%&..."
That's when the band started playing and Jason proceeded to play 108 bars of the most amazing harp solo without repeating a phrase or riff.
Nobody knew what to say, or do, heck they couldn't breath.  All I did was laugh.  The guy came out and lay it all out
for the audience, in the words of Al Green "here I am, take me as I am..."

The guy has changed the game and busted the genre. .
He doen't belong to the blues world or  the harp world, he belongs to the universe.