Re: [Harp-L] Preview of some 2010 projects

I like your landscape of the soul. Especially principe panqueca.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wim Dijkgraaf" <w.dijkgraaf@xxxxxx>
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2010 4:18:53 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [Harp-L] Preview of some 2010 projects

Hi all there.

For those who are interested, I just uploaded some new samples on
MySpace. To give you an impressions of the kind of projects I'll be
working on in 2010.

http://www.myspace.com/wimdijkgraaf

I'm very happy to be part of a new group with an amazing young singer
from Portugal; Maria JoÃo Mendes. She won several prices in Europe and
has planned to record a new CD in Brasil this year. And not to forget, Â
she has that "Elis Regina" energy thing on stage. All with a mixture
of Leny Andrade and lots of contemporary influences. On MySpace I Â
included two live recordings from a festival we did in 2009;
- "Obsession" by Dori Caymmi and
- "I Concentrate On You" by Cole Porter.

Additionaly, I'm quite busy arranging and composing two new albums:

One album with arrangements of songs from the American Songbook; but
both the South American songbook and the North American songbook with
songs ranging from Cole Porter to Jobim, from Wayne Shorter to Hermeto
Pascoal ... ;-) . All arrangements written by myself for voice, Â
harmonica and symphonic orchestra. At this moment on MySpace, only a
completely new intro for "What A Difference A Day Made" is available; Â
the intro got the title "Prelude to a Rainbow" and is dedicated to Ard
Daane.

The other album will contain only compositions by my own for voice, Â
harmonica and symphonic orchestra. Much more contemporary; much more
"for musicians only" Â... ;-) The "introduction" on MySpace being a
first and simple example of what it will sound like more or less ...

Any comments welcome, as usual.

AbraÃos from Brazil,

Wim

http://www.myspace.com/wimdijkgraaf