[Harp-L] the flat third

Just wondering here; why wouldn't you ,if you were setting up a Harp to play straight Blues only, retune the 8 blow a 1/2 step down to give a permanent flat note.
(I know that you wouldn't really tune it a whole 1/2 step to get the correct blue note)
I can't see any real disadvantages and a few advantages.
Its not a note that is crucial on any of the chords in the 1 1V V ie it is the 6th on the 1, the 3rd on the 1V and the 2nd on the V.So it is actually a note to 'avoid' on the 1 and V during a blues as such.(pentatonic scale)
And on the 1V it sounds better slightly flat.
I don't want to put words into his mouth but I'm pretty sure that Brendan Power used to do this to his harps .
Any thoughts?
Rick
in NZ