Re: [Harp-L] Re: Powerbender
- To: Tony Eyers <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Re: Powerbender
- From: Mojo Red <harplicks@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 06:51:51 -0800 (PST)
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.com; s=s1024; t=1293807111; bh=gXEc0uE25ac8vD8wqMI8EoiICN5jgr1XlgDb1WQxQdA=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=uCH5g6ebtQpugcLkxBVRxEwhi/UmYYFUO3ZpJopT3gFFppdgnq9na/UFwweA7ra7XYcvBxt/uTRhQFFYo+VSsn73d+3ZtozVFD+wTqNboHOw8OFo55gg92+OfcPS3Rt//8o06bMoD/jGMJLs+pIPnpGw73loAXWSsPKYqwleSz8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:References:Date:From:Subject:To:In-Reply-To:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=KiM1HV7YkNd9ERxkcw+JkNVnI/sIHc9FuH48whXwtXvMEJV4K5EhIoFTBdxa/ZjhcpFvEzDcJeH784T/8lJ8w+RjFdVcTwriSuX5fVBjZSPEqXF9nVUOyqclshe3Yt814WfAsHTmCPGUVjRTRlySwEJju8LbM0jCXqmcmdnNdHo=;
- In-reply-to: <4D1B79DC.email@example.com>
- References: <4D1B79DC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
The inimitable Tony Eyers Said:
> As for Brendan's tuning, I can't bear the thought I getting my head (and my
>wallet) around another tuning.
> However, at some stage I may have to bow to the inevitable.
> For me, a key attraction would be to finally be able to play jazz standards.
Well, I've been reading a lot about this new-fangled Power Bender harp, heard
Ben's amazing jazz clip, and Christelle's fabulous blues number on YouTube, and
finally decided that it was time for me to "bow to the inevitable."
I ordered my own Power Bender this morning... before my coffee... before sound
reason and frugality could take hold.
I just hope I do better with this tuning than I did with that diminished tuned
harp I bought a couple of years ago and was never able to master.
Wish me luck!
Harpin' in Colorado,
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and