Re: [Harp-L] PFOS update

On Dec 22, 2010, at 9:57 AM, Richard Hunter wrote:

I just got an email from the producers of Pocket Full of Soul. Among other things, the producers offered a brief message of condolence for Chris Michalek.

I seem to remember a message from Chris to this list to the effect that he wasn't included in that movie--that in fact he had never been interviewed for it. Is that correct?

I was interviewed (right before Jimmi Lee) and I wasn't in it either. I didn't expect to be. I shouldn't even have been interviewed. There are SO many other worthy subjects, that it is very hard for the producers to decide what to include. Time IS money.
smo-joe

As I said at the time, it's up to the producers of any movie to decide what goes in and what doesn't. They're working with limited budget to make a product that will occupy a certain amount of time, and there's always more raw material than the budget or the completed film will allow.

However, it seems a little strange to invoke Chris's memory in the context of a film that doesn't include him. Am I mistaken about that?

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick