[Harp-L] Re: Chris Michalek R.I.P.
- To: "harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Chris Michalek R.I.P.
- From: <fssharp@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 18:08:56 -0600
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=att.net; s=s1024; t=1292630962; bh=MmN2KQqoszSn8q9mW0KSlg7SNy2rBUuHbYgsqzuiHiA=; h=Received:X-Yahoo-SMTP:X-YMail-OSG:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:From:Sender:To:Subject:Date:Message-ID:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:X-Mailer:Thread-Index:X-MimeOLE; b=Zi/NUVHI2xy6UnlSV6UVCglpIHT/gT9DRPP44PrtuoJvLtnP/C4Fl93VyV5z1P0FE8ICQm0sM35GRqLn4MUFHaYa9VpUkiCMJP14097cGMcFjS7J+7m6XK36+Vbv2i5F43e+GyaV4OHVw92zouiAtuLBFMGvjaNmqqxxOB09VHM=
- Sender: <fsstov@xxxxxxx>
- Thread-index: AcueR6y8Qq/SJfTuT5q1W27PVR7ycQ==
I first met Chris at SPAH in 99(?), although I knew of him from previous
years on harp-L. It was always educational and entertaining to see Chris at
SPAH, watch a video of his, or read his posts on harp-L. He was one unique,
cool cat. He was, as others have said, generous, kind, provocative,
abrasive, and original. Not a bad combination IMO.
Harp-L and SPAH won't be the same without him. He was a true champion and
giant of the instrument, even if he did think that "99% of all harmonica
players are crap". Miss ya Chris, and see you down the road.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and