[Harp-L] RE: RIP Chris Michalek

Wow. I'm really shocked.
I met Chris at the  World Harmonica Summit that he ran, which was really my introduction to the harmonica world .  I was pleasantly surprised when he moved here to Phoenix. We had an informal lesson, and  I  later wound up sitting in with a couple of his bands, which was always fun (and a challenge for a blues guy like me). I would occasionally run into him at various functions (especially at one of the Denver SPAH events)  although less often as the years went on.  Last Thursday I played a show with one of his students, and Chris' influence was obvious.  He was a real positive force.  My condolences to his family.