FW: Re: [Harp-L] Boss RC-2 Looper for sale

Hi Richard, I have an RC-2, that I modified with an extra button switch on
top that gives one-hit stop function for loops (instead of the two hit).

I checked out the JamMan Solo a few months ago - it is indeed brilliantly
packed with stuff, and I was sorely tempted! However one feature I use a lot
on my RC-2 seemed to be missing: the ability to start a loop with the first
note of your sequence, not a tap on the pedal.

It's not an important feature if you use the looper as intended (foot
operation), but as I operate mine by hand on a tray on the mic stand, I use
this function a lot. I often use home-made metal finger rings to get a bass
pulse from the mic; since my hands are tied to the mic, it's the only way to
get the loop happening with the first beat. You set up record mode and then
the loop starts recording with the first note (here's an example):

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21Yr0jCMM4M

 I'd love to know from someone who has delved into the JamMan: is this
function available on the Solo?

Brendan Power
WEBSITE: http://www.brendan-power.com
YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic