  From: David Brown
  To: Robert Paparozzi
  Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, December 13, 2010 9:31 AM
  Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Kinda like a Jr Wells thang

  Very cool Rob.

  I always thought one of the key elements to Junior Wells' style was his restraint. I think he often played in third(?) position with a sparingly hesitant approach that emphasised the effect of the notes. He "pierced" the silence in a very effective way and it really highlighted the unique tuning in that position. I hear that patient aspect of Jr. in your playing in this video (albeit in second position here, I believe).