Re: [Harp-L] Practice

I used to visit my friend and Sensei, Rich Alfords. I would come in and he would be sitting in his favorite chair with his legs crossed, his arms folded across his chest, and his eyes closed. I'd say, Hey Rich, what you up to? and he would open his eyes and look at me, "I'm practicing."

Splash!

----- Original Message ----- Practice

Conventional wisdom says it takes 10 years to master a skill
at the professional level be it basketball, tennis, music or
painting ect.

Jasha Heifitz, the greatest violinist of his age, estimated that
he had played the violin for 100,000 hours by the time he was
46 years old. That's 8 hours per day six days a week from childhood.

I'm about 6 hours per day and 40 years behind that benchmark.
I have a lot of catching up to do in the new year.

Merry Christmas
Bobby Cole