Re: [Harp-L] Practice
- To: "Harp- L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Practice
- From: "Splash!" <celtiac@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:47:00 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:from:to:references :subject:date:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :x-priority:x-msmail-priority:x-mailer:x-mimeole; bh=NCtuVycz8qmhj3uaUeeReyGlJRtGmx0Ej2d7j4kDCJM=; b=r9t+sMsHG97G/xU2bx7E4ZOpMlznCJVGebkCK0jfRrjqsCX6khbaOsoQ7ZEQR9EfjW ol6kKWCNCicpmrZ2VcaVpKGqVHtiQ++yCMnDku1xKG7VnwKMnKcRuHMxQWJ5bcvwGDqL 86UaYZqdU2E44r+AGTzD4y+6E5frvOmF0SBis=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:from:to:references:subject:date:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:x-priority:x-msmail-priority :x-mailer:x-mimeole; b=IL6Ad29504AgwdfG4mdoUj+rh4bPwotfDs1cbcvFf+tzp2ibsB6j0j3wz2JLknJEIR YaMTIDXDuMpg/VmIMwG7eQwUeNB7jaf1FgnYaUiGrh06NvzQcdyGfO10hj5IavXEzxD6 XMknhBNi8cQWA2NSsfGbr2CRKD1n0fvqIzDaY=
- References: <8CD687B51E7B9DDfirstname.lastname@example.org>
I used to visit my friend and Sensei, Rich Alfords. I would come in and he
would be sitting in his favorite chair with his legs crossed, his arms
folded across his chest, and his eyes closed. I'd say, Hey Rich, what you
up to? and he would open his eyes and look at me, "I'm practicing."
----- Original Message -----
Conventional wisdom says it takes 10 years to master a skill
at the professional level be it basketball, tennis, music or
Jasha Heifitz, the greatest violinist of his age, estimated that
he had played the violin for 100,000 hours by the time he was
46 years old. That's 8 hours per day six days a week from childhood.
I'm about 6 hours per day and 40 years behind that benchmark.
I have a lot of catching up to do in the new year.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and