Re: [Harp-L] Urgent advice needed ART Tube MP
- To: joe leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Urgent advice needed ART Tube MP
- From: Vern <jevern@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 14:26:35 -0800
- Cc: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=fea.net; s=briansetupdkservice; h=x-mailer:to:references:message-id:content-transfer-encoding:cc :date:in-reply-to:x-priority:from:content-type:mime-version :subject; bh=Nalwqge+aGaYlEHzpjcwWExHJP+wc/ed7/T56/7D9Nw=; b=mnWu1f12i4WuG/dKlGZQHSoOIAeJX3HsewwP817hwTWnqUqZhtM9NHQhF6eLiDlHW xFNgdvwBPCmpOdNy+NpZg==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; q=dns; d=fea.net; s=briansetupdkservice; h=received:subject:mime-version:content-type:from:x-priority :in-reply-to:date:cc:content-transfer-encoding:message-id :references:to:x-mailer; b=Sb+L4Gn2MWbMf4pVgHQwykIZwrsEt9HChwXvA8Vv9iqxGbbsdhpG2Ox2eQKQbDK5F JRVsa8AhYb8tfTlff0bBQ==
- In-reply-to: <DE0EE0EC-71F2-4E94-8B26-46CDAF8636B9@comcast.net>
- References: <EB66FB68589149EFB8DA4CB8DCD7EBFD@rickPC> <DE0EE0EC-71F2-4E94-8B26-46CDAF8636B9@comcast.net>
The only difficulty may be the connector on the power supply may not fit the one on the amp.
You should demand that the seller send you the power supply. It is part of the amp and the amp won't work without one.
On Dec 13, 2010, at 2:15 PM, joe leone wrote:
> On Dec 13, 2010, at 4:17 PM, hazcon wrote:
>> HI all
>> Have just received this unit by courier and upon opening the box found that there is no AC adapter in there!Just the unit itself.
>> The specs say:
>> Power requirements:9 volts A.C@ 700ma(typ)
>> I have a digitech adapter whose specs are:
>> 9 VAC, 1.3A
>> Can I use this with the ART?
>> Or failing that ,is it relatively easy to buy a universal one at an electronics store?
>> I bought it new over the net from a local dealer but he has turned out to be a real plonker...took 6 weeks to get to me.As i want to use the unit pretty soon i'd rather avoid dealing with him again and just use what i've got (the Digitech adaptor)or buy something suitable.
>> Rick in NZ
> Hey Rick, the 700 ma rating only means that this is the MINIMUM that the unit requires. In other words, if you were thinking plumbing, 700 gallons is what the unit NEEDS. So, your adapter is fine because it is capable of 1,300 gallons. Does this make sense to you?
> The serious thing about electrics and electronics is to not overload a circuit with VOLTAGE (which is like water PRESSURE..and can blow OUT a unit). An electric or electronics unit DRAWS power..it isn't forced in. This power USAGE is usually measures in watts. Now depending on how many watts you DRAW and at what VOLTAGE, this will five you the amps you need.
> Your adapter isn't FORCING the electric in. The unit is 'sipping' electric FROM the available source. And since your source is already at 1.3 amps (1300 ma), your 'sippage' is well under the available reservoir of power.
> Actually, having a little more power is a GOOD thing..as running things right ON the limit of their capabilities has a tendency to overheat them.
> At on;y a sparse 9 volts, you have no worry on that end.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and