[Harp-L] A chromatic for Christmas

A friend asked me for suggestions on a good value chromatic as a Christmas gift to his grandfather, an octogenarian who plays a bit of harmonica.
  Books could be written about what I don´t know about chromatics, but would anyone say that the Hohner standard models are seriously challenged?
  Assuming the old man´s got, say, ten more years on the planet, my friend is rather short on cash, but he won´t insult the guy with a "toy" -- what could be a good suggestion here?

Thanks in advance.

Martin,
in Sweden