Now that separating the tone controls are the norm adding the tube rectifier can allow you to dial in more like a single tone knob where there is always some
bottom or "warmth" in the mix.

Mike

On Dec 11, 2010, at 8:35 PM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Message: 8
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 16:14:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Jim Rossen <jimjimdr@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: The Mission Chicago 32-20 harp amp
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx

Rick- I think the discussion has been- sonic difference between a tube rectifier and the Weber Copper Cap rectifier intended to emulate that particular tube rectifier. I was hoping for a demonstration of the sonic difference you noted between these devices. This is a separate question from a comparison between a tube rectifier and a solid state rectifier that has no emulation of tube characteristics- I agree this difference is easily heard.

Jim