RE: [Harp-L] Harmonica Amps and Harmonicas

> Tony,
>
> Good harps are essential, but they don't amplify themselves, I don't any
> recordings of Manjis or Crossovers, in the grand scheme of things they are
> somewhere between rarer than rocking horse shit & non existent. Yes, have
> responsive instruments, but if you want to fill even as mall room, you need an
> amp (a PA is an amp).

>> Lots of posts about amps. Lots.

I know we don't want to clutter the list up with too much amp talk. I just wanted some specific advice about my particular needs - a portable battery amp that delivers clean sound, enough for a small room to get me up there with the guitars and fiddles. There are pub rooms all over Cornwall that don't have electrical sockets in anything like the right place. We've discussed this before, and I did search the archives, but there was little response last time the Roland Mobile Cube was mentioned and I was hoping that more of us by now would have had some experience of it to relay. A couple of people have written to me offlist, and for that I'm very grateful. The amp in question does have this major advantage of being able to be clipped to a mic stand, and, for me, that would be a clincher if the amp were deemed to be good enough. In any case, I have a feeling that the die is now cast...

Cheers,
Steve