Re: [Harp-L] Fender Blues Junior - Tube Substitutions For Harp

mark stafford wrote:
<If anyone with successful results could kindly respond with
<substitutions for the 12AX7's please (you can contact me off list if
<you like?). I'm helping a friend who has just purchased a used blues
<jr. and I am sure you could save us some valuable time and money so we
<can just purchase  AT's AY's or AU's...

Hi Mark, how's things in Toronto?

The usual preamp tube sub for harp is a 12AY7 or 12AU7.  The AY7 is a higher gain tube than the AU7.  I'd try an AY7 first, then an AU7 if you're still getting too much feedback with too little breakup.  Either will give you more breakup before feedback than a 12AX7.

Regards, Richard Hunter

author, "Jazz Harp"
more mp3s at http://taxi.com/rhunter
Twitter: lightninrick