[Harp-L] Bass Harmonica option

Sam, just some thoughts as I read your post. First how many songs are you talking about  and what different keys are the pieces. How much bass work are we talking about, some leads, fills, or bass lines throughout.
Unless you have had some time behind a bass, you'll find it a bit challenging to get what you would like out of it. Tone, proper lines, etc. Just a thought, but using a digitech RP with some cool double octaves bass setting might be something to consider, especially if you're already a diatonic or chromatic player..But , just picking up a bass and preparing for studio work  would be tough....good luck,
Jerl Welch