Re: [Harp-L] Foam inserts for harp cases?
- To: MundHarp@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Foam inserts for harp cases?
- From: Roscoe Catania <rjcataniajr@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 08:41:22 -0500
- Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=rxcbunNfUFIUrosI6Png17WlQeIN07CtAfXVctUYHyw=; b=EXGXVc9xYThgS6QK7ALELRUymRRRCjToPxG3L5ZfurwSi9ko5PvF6XZvGmR6a6hqCp 5+Iyp9bzzqOaAQtCc8kPdD5m+Z3QjFnG/pn8ChiVPMH/lJtmVxtrljgEGCyk/6UXa2lc dre01LPwU69bYrE4yCXTI5TetuZKDYNkf+OgA=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=iPSjY3mlDqJN2hYu67ZodhoM6VyR92B/E9kuKIA3cpnkLVUNLWUDnipQDssxCW8rGD opihYrYYBsQoHkgtlbMq73rTGJEbR/DD9/W0Cco5v2uKMFRlhgVk8fzNWEMB+0Qg7VzV meSesE9kEYMMYRb3Ob+1XcPorRw+UTJxLmXMI=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <email@example.com>
In my homemade case I used a $2.00 Walmart fishing tackle box that has 6
compartments. I then bought copper pipe insulation for about $3.00. The
insulation comes in various lengths, like 4, 6 ft. Get the right sizing
(which I forget, maybe 1 inch diam.?) Cut the lengths to fit inside the
compartments of the tackle box and they fit perfectly.
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 3:47 AM, <MundHarp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some years ago, I tried to turn an alloy "camera case" into a harp case. At
> first, it was great. The problem was that the foam degraded in a matter of
> a few months, and that left "bits" to clog up my harmonicas!
> I guess there must BE some more stable foam plastic "sponge" that
> doesn't do this.
> However, "Once bitten twice shy" and having suffered with harmonicas full
> of bits of plastic foam, I'm wary of using that material again in a harp
> John "Whiteboy" Walden
> Cebu City
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and