[Harp-L] Foam inserts for harp cases?
- To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Foam inserts for harp cases?
- From: 46long Blake <46long@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 22:04:15 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:date:message-id :subject:from:to:content-type; bh=f7X1CSiXp5lev5JVHP9p1evIr5rp87xWLMN2CwS2V5s=; b=s4Id0QwmZFOz7vzWsSBHWEPe51DAnxRYqJ1hf9cc20Pjb1mMAqejxbnKGgryAWWSGo 6fp+q0RqfnXWwwBnavBQoWLHL1F5ri+hUVeOVFfPinz/IhprESy4ZCfVNiQxxaSV26Gp wQSjGKnd+neKHWALz5gfSghjQfBSa6YCUGjZs=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:date:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; b=VORm1wQXSRUOkOG5MWXARDOGE6FaK6oSGrR6lHvjHBGjm2AbVdD8knjemo8+nvP0wI EjwKPMfnul57GFbtYjgVWiBA22SRSccAlTkc2Jevi868xT33hHjFvsK5nifp94LTEHJ2 M/xb/dY9pDsstcVkY+4+DX3Lb9/ES9IZAzx6s=
I kind of remember seeing this spoken of around here before.
I have a homemade harp case. It's developed a wonderful patina over the
years, special stickers and all, and once was my grandmother's makeup case.
In short, I don't want to scrap it.
However, about a decade ago, I used some scrap rug underpadding, a pair of
scissors, a number of layers, and some Elmer's glue to make snuggie
chambers for my harps and a padded open area on the other side for mics,
etc. Voila. Custom harp case by me.
Trouble is, apart from being really ugly and amateurish-looking, after ten
years, the foam is starting to break down, crumble, and get in my harps.
This is no good.
*Short version:* is it possible to buy harp-friendly foam inserts? If so,
where, how? Cheap?!?!? I'm out of rug under-padding.
Thanks in advance!
The 46 Long Blog!
Buy my CD! -
46 Long on itunes:
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and