[Harp-L] Octaves on the Chromatic harp

Just looking for some tips on getting those big 5 hole octaves to ring
out or beat against each other ala William Clarke, Rod Piazza, George
Smith.  Every now and then I can get them to ring or beat but really
have to eat the harp and pretty much loose control of everything.  I
once asked Mikey Junior about this and his advice was to "eat" the
harp.  Mikey can get those octaves to beat nice and loud. I literally
have to bite the cover plates to get my mouth to stretch wide
(horizontally) enough.   Am I approaching this the wrong way?