[Harp-L] Small Practice Amp

I am open to constructive criticism from the pros on the list but here are
some combinations I use.  First, I carry a very small, battery powered lapel
mic and a little smokey in my acoustic guitar case.  I stick the smokey in
my shirt pocket and control the volume by varying my distance to the vocal
mic.  This little rig can be quite loud in acoustic situations and has an
interesting mildly dirty sound.  It has the added benefit of also allowing
me to hear myself play better.  I paid less than twenty for the smokey and
inherited the little mic from a long ago job in the electronics business.  I
carry a Hohner/Astatic JT-30, a Digitech RP-50  and a Dano Honeytone in my
large harp case.  I like to plug the Digitech straight into the PA and use
the Honeytone to practice, adjust effects offline, etc.  I got the JT-30 for
somewhere around fifty or sixty bucks on sale, forgot now.  The Dano was
twenty and Digitech was around sixty new on closeout at a place that was
going out of business.  I see them in pawnshops all of the time now for
twenty five or thirty.  And, I occasionally use an old Behringer amp that is
I am told a copy of the Dano Dirty Thirty.  It is a very retro looking old
beast.  I think I gave thirty bucks for it.  Use the Digitech and JT-30 with
it.

This is certainly not top of the line gear or even close.  But, I paid next
to nothing for it, have gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it and it usually
gets the job done for me.

Bill Kumpe

Tulsa, OK